Pet Food Institute
Helping Pets Live Longer, Healthier Lives Through Sound Nutrition.
Since 1958, PFI has been the voice of the makers of U.S. cat and dog food. Driven by an active and dedicated membership, PFI is the industry's public and media relations resource, representative before state and federal agencies, organizer of seminars and educational programs, sponsor of and clearinghouse for research, and liaison with other organizations.
For more than 55 years, PFI has worked with its members to educate the owners of cats and dogs about pet nutrition and health. PFI is dedicated to:
- Promoting the overall care and well-being of pets.
- Supporting initiatives to advance the safety and quality of dog and cat food.
- Supporting research in pet nutrition and the important role of pets in our society.
- Informing and educating the public on pet proper feeding and pet care.
- Representing the pet food industry before federal and state governments.